OLIVER EVANS NOTES
To visit Bahr's Mill in person, we are found just off Route 73 one mile west of the center
of Boyertown. Boyertown is in Southeastern PA between Allentown, Reading and Valley Forge,
at the red star on the map above.
- From the south, take Route 100 to Route 73. Go west to the center of Boyertown.
- At the intersection of routes 73 and 562 continue west on 73 one mile to Funk Road,
at the Gabelsville ballpark. Turn left onto Funk Road, go to the stop sign and turn right.
Bahr's Mill is straight ahead.
- From the north (Allentown), take Route 100 south to the New Berlinville exit. Take Reading Avenue to the
center of Boyertown. Turn right onto 73 west and follow the bold directions above.
- From the west (Reading), you have several choices: take Route 73 east through Oley and
Pleasantville. From the light in Pleasantville, it is 5.6 miles to Gramia's Restaurant on the
right. Take the next road (Ironstone Drive) to the right, and Bahr's Mill is straight ahead.
Alternately, from Reading you can take 562 to the center of Boyertown, turn left onto Route 73 west
and follow the bold directions above. Or you can take Route 422 east from Reading
to the Pottstown exit at Route 100. Then go north to Route 73, about 8 miles and follow the bold directions above.
- From the east (Valley Forge), take Route 422 West to the Pottstown exit at Route 100. Take Route 100 north about 8 miles to
Route 73. Go west on 73 to the center of Boyertown and follow the bold directions
above. Alternately, you can take the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Route 476)
to the Quakertown exit. Bear right after leaving the tollbooth, and take Route 663 south towards
Pottstown. Follow 663 until it merges briefly with Route 73. Stay on 73 west to the center of
Boyertown and follow the bold directions above.
The normal hours of operation at Bahr's Mill are summer weekends 11 - 4 and any other time by
appointment. (Winter is not the best time to visit.) For an appointment, e-mail or call us at the